Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home storage?

Was hoping you might be able to recommend not necessarily the best but the most compatible network storage? We have lots of pictures spread everywhere and wanted to consolidate and be able to access wirelessly and from any of our computers. All Microsoft based systems, I have purchased backup drives and it seems those are setup to backup maybe 1 computer and not serve as a server. We have a linksys router with wifi6, so I think the drives have to be fat32 or NTFS. We have a home network with control4 not sure if that tells you anything. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Synology would offer the most cross-platform compatible solution. Their Moments app (and new Photos app) will feature artificial intelligence functions. This allows filtering photos by people's faces, objects visible in pictures as well as locations and timestamps. You can use a mobile phone or a computer to access your library. You can also enable phone backups so that all multimedia gets copied to a NAS. You can then free up some storage space.DS218play would be a cheap option to start with. If you need some more future-proofing then DS220+ would be a better option.You can also use their Drive app or Hyper backup to set up automatic backups for computers. NAS will have its own network files system that works with any operating system.I hope this helps.