Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS advice?

Hi, I'm looking for NAS advice. Both myself and my partner work from home. we have several email accounts and documents across both iCloud and Google drive. She stores all of her photos and videos on a local hard drive, currently about 150 GB, and I store all of mine on Google drive about 150gb. We are looking for a home nas solution where we each have a separate account also have a shared photos and videos account that we can both copy into and both read from - obviously I would like to remove any duplication. I think we would keep our existing cloud facilities as backups. We would like the the naz solution perhaps to have a backup. And we are looking for recommendations!
For simple multimedia backup and access purposes, Synology DS218play would do a good job. But if you wanted to explore more of the NAS capabilities and future proof of your NAS then DS220+ would be a better choice.Either way, the Synology Moments app will backup your mobile devices and keep photos and videos under separate accounts. You can also use the Photo station app if you want a single location solution. You can also keep your cloud accounts and set up automatic data sync. This will keep files secure even if disaster strikes.I hope this helps.