Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex sever?

Good afternoon
Sorry for translation
I have an HP z220 workstation with intel Xenon E3 1270 v2 that goes super as a plex server. The cleaning consumption when the hdds turn off is 35-40w without doing anything.
My problem is to decrease power consumption .
Many video files I have in 720p format and some 1080p and I want to watch 4 devices , tv , tablet , phone and pc.
I thought about certain NAS Austor AS-6602T,qnap TS-453D and syynology DS720+.
The second solution I thought of is a PC https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000837780239.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.422f2e0eJy0azM mimme attached to the usb port an ICY BOX IB-RD3620SU3 rack.
MAM also forgotten at a dell poweredge t40, but I don't know what it would consume.
That would be Lenovo ThinkCenter M75q Tiny.
Please, if you can advise me what to do and you may come up with other options.
Thanks.
Yes, having a PC kind of server will not be an energy-efficient option. They usually come with a bigger power supply in order to support future card upgrades and more.NAS in comparison is a custom made solution for housing several hard drives and have enough power to keep it hardware ruing. No extra, unnecessary power. Also, all hardware is picked with a symbiotic relationship in mind. Similar to Play station or Xbox, these consoles are made for a purpose and all components have been selected for a reason.Qnap TS-453D and DS720+ are indeed the best choices for 1080p video server. They come with graphics chip built inside. This way overall performance is not affected during the video transcoding process.Asustor also would work, but their support is not as good and they do not add new functionality as often as top brands.I hope this helps.