Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Buyer?

I'm a Plex head. I've made the gaffe of trying to run my Plex through my (very decent spec) PC by stuffing it with big hard drives. It's a pain in the arse to be honest. Most of my media is 4K movies with Dolby Atmos sound. At the moment, I'm suffering from buffering and I have to leave my PC on for far longer than I'd like to. I'd like a QNAP TVS872XT (your fault). Start off with maybe 3 big drives and add more as I need to. When it comes to RAID, can you keep adding drives and the RAID will sort itself out? Or is it more complicated than that? If you have a video on that very subject by all means link me in. I've gone through about 30 of your vids so far, excellent stuff.
Yes, Qnap 72XT series is a very tempting piece of hardware. It features transcoding chip, as well as powerful CPU for those files graphics chip, can not handle.People also often choose TS-873 with a GPU card in the PCIe slot. This way they get dedicated transcoding.Regards to a RAID. Yes, you simply click on expand the RAID and add few more drives later. This is a fairly easy process.I hope this helps.