Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex Media Server?

I'm looking at getting a NAS server for PLEX and live TV/DVR. I want a lot of storage to download and store a lot of Movies, TV Shows, Pictures and Music. I also plan on using Plex with my HDHomeRun for Live/TV and DVR.
When choosing a multimedia NAS there are few things to look at. Most importantly you want a graphics chip built inside. All Celeron and Intel roe i series do feature this. This allows NAS to convert a video or audio on the fly if receiving device can not play a particular file because of the video format or network/internet speed.You may also consider models with upgradeable RAM or even a PCIe slot (if you decide to add graphics or cache card). But having an option for more RAM will make it a more future proof solution. If you prefer to stream things via HDMI instead of WiFi or Ethernet than there are few models with this port at the back.For simple PLEX server at home with compatible TVs, I would recommend looking at TVS-453D or TVS-672 if you want some more future-proofing.I hope this helps.