Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help with choosing the right storage?

Hi.
I came across one of you videos. Well done very interesting indeed.
At the moment I have 4 USB 2 tb drives which I connect to my laptop one at camp time. But would love to have access to all music if in one place.
I have a duo nas with 2 hard disc and found it challenging to transfer the amount of music and gave up on it.
I also have karaoke music available on the drives but would be great to connect and see them on the TV via my denon amo which is available through WiFi or can cast to it.
The main question!! Would do you recommend that would see all my music in one place and easily accessible? Also easily to update should I need to.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Alfred
It can be very confusing to choose a right NAS when there are so many options out there. But there are few things that can simplify the decision. First of all you need to check if NAS come with a graphics chip built in. Transcoding engine will deal with video and audio conversion while processor can deal with other things like serving files and applications. Without this chip all heavy work will be done on a CPU and NAS performance will noticeably be effected.The other thing is artificial intelligence and how your media will be organised and filtered. Are there photo GEO location filter, face and object recognition. This is something you can get used to with Facebook photo galleries.And finally the app quality. Are there good mobile app too not just desktop and apps on the NAS itself.DS218play would be a simple budget option. It comes with very good mobile apps and it integrates well with other operating systems you might have on computers. You can cast your music or access it via WiFI DLNA.One you mount the drive copying music will be as simple as copying to you D: drive.I hope this helps.