Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS?

Home - Plex and photographer - I have a new Ubiquiti UDM Pro and 16 port switch with 1/10G SFP+ so would lie to use that if possible
Qnap TVS-872XT-i5 (also tvs-1282 i7) is the best NAS for Plex. All of Qnap Intel Core i models feature hardware transcoding chip built-in. Some people choose to have TS-873 and add a graphics card separately to increase the transcoding performance. But this is a personal choice.Some people choose to save on the NAS and go for Celeron based option and be able to transcode 4K, but they have to use a different player instead of Plex.So there are options.You can also keep all videos in a supported format so that your TV or other devices do not need on the fly conversion. This also saves money.But intel core I series is the safest choice.If you plan on transcoding only 1080p then any Celeron based NAS like TS-453D would be a good fit. You can also stream original videos without transcoding. Then you do not need to worry about things like processors much.I hope this helps.