Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS?

Hi,
Happy New Year. hope it will be a smashing one (the bar is low compared to last I guess! haha).
I used to have a home theater PC with about 2-300 movies and because of Windows not supporting the media centre anymore, I need to move onto a NAS. I also still have dvds that I need to burn.
I am looking for simplicity and not too many "boxes". The QNAP TVS-872N with a DVD drive seems the best available as I wouldn't need anything else to burn my movies as well as use the two hard drives I have on my old HTPC. what is the alternative? a NAS (most like QNAP as I need HDMI) with an external drive or a NAS with a mini PC (I think there are no mini-PC with disc drive right)?
hope this all makes sense
Stay safe
Cheers
Alex
Yes, NAS would be the next best choice unless you consider something called Zappitihttps://nascompares.com/answer/nas-for-dvd-ripping/Having a NAS with miniPC might not be that simple to use, I would rather go for ShieldTV connected to a NAS.Either way, Qnap will allow you to stream via HDMI or network such as DLNA or to Chromecast/Adroid TV stick etc.You can get a model with built in DVD ROM or external USB based.I hope this helps.