Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home NAS for Phone backup ?

Here is what you can not do with a NAS:1- Backup Photos automatically from my phone to NAS ( Internal and SD Card )Photos and videos – not SD card2- Backup all videos ( Internal and SD Card )Via USB3- Backup all phone contactsWith calDav app4- Backup SMS5- If possible to backup the entire file system of the phone with OS ( not critical) but it will be nice even if I can't restore it6- if restore of the phone option is not available that ok I understand but it will be very nice to have a backup and restore option ( not critical)7- automatic sync of all data so if anything added it get uploaded to the NAS system.Photos and Videos8- Backup all of the docs, PFD, Excell, Books, Music, and audiobooks ( No file left behind)From a PC or mapped drive on a phone9- Good support by customer service and good form support as i am a technically challenged person sometimesQnap + Synology10- Good speed and not slow as ** device as that is to much when i try to work with a device and it talking the entire day to do one single taskSynology plus series and Qnap 53Be /53D series11- Simple to use and plug and play zero efforts from my side.Map and use12- Third-party app support or options to use FTP SYNC or something else to send the data to the NAS if QNAP does not have all that I need form a NASComes with internal apps and 3rd party13- WhatAPP Full Backup if possible Text and mediaNot directly. If saved in phone photos then yes. No texts.Synology DS220+ / 720+ / Qnap 253Be , 253D would be my choice .I hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
Home NAS for Phone backup ? - by Enquiries - 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Home NAS for Phone backup ? - by admin - 01-27-2021, 03:06 PM