Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best NAS , I should go for 4K movies, PLEX?

Hello,

I wanted to buy NAS for my entertainment setup (4K movies, PLEX) and started watching your YouTube videos and articles.
I got some ideas from your videos and sorta decided QNAP TVS-682-i3-8G-US but still not really sure if this will be the perfect model which can really go fine with zero or minimal (minor) issues for long time.

I want to connect NAS to 4K Denon receiver via 4K shielded HDMI cables connected with gigabit ethernet cable to watch movies/shows.
Receiver will be connected with 4k projector. (receiver will get connections like (NAS, Blu Ray Player, Chromecast etc.)

Please give your expert advise on the same.

Thanks,
Kuntal Pathak

This model is about to be discontinued. The last time I checked they had HDMI2.0 port at the back.But if you consider something newer than TVS-472XT and tvs-672n (even if you start with just 4 drives inside) would have HDMI2.0 and an internal M.2 SSD caching/ storage option. Having i3 is very useful if you decide to transcode some videos.Qnap will allow you to connect to an amplifier via HD Station or you can simply connect via Ethernet.I hope this helps.