Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Advice on what nas to buy?

Wondering which NAS to buy. I need it for private and small business. I use a lot of apple products and want to back up pictures from all of them. This is really important. Also use som windows products for business. Here its crucial with security. Want if possible to be able to have multiple backups if possible. Sizewise My iMac is 3 TB and then I have all these iPhones and stuff. And in addition my business pc, but its not that big yet. Im also concerned about noise. Want it as quiet as possible. Also want it to connect via Wifi. Speed as high as possible. What do you recommend

What do you recommend?

Im also wondering is It poosible to run windows on a NAS and let my kids play games from steam directly on a Samsung TV from the NAS?

Regards
Morten
I would recommend Synology plus series model like DS220+ / DS720+. These will allow you to install windows on virtual machines. Can not guaranty all games will run fast (need to check game requirements).Regards software. Synology is very easy to set up and use. Similar to Dropbox, you can have a folder automatically synced on your Windows or MAC computer. They also allow image backup of windows and time machine backups.I hope this helps.