Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which NAS is the right one for me?

Hi there,
I'm looking for a NAS or storage solution for me and m girlfriend for backup and storage of hobby fotographys.

At the moment we just want to use it for fotography storage and backup of data, some music and maybe a few movies. Later it should be possible to feed a beamer in a small house cinema maybe.

Can you help us out? We are quite new to NAS and are not sure what to buy. Synology I think is great cause of lots of good videos that explain what to do...
Over all we are looking for a good price to quality ratio. I am not sure if we really need a 920+ or even a 720+ but maybe you can help us out and give us some hints what is best for us Smile

Thanks a lot from germany
Jan
I would still recommend looking at plus series models like DS220+ and DS420+. These can be upgraded at a later stage making it more future-proof.It will also have no limits on what it can do. You will have safer data protection options and speed in general. Things like snapshots will keep your data safe against things like ransomware attacks. You will also have more CPU cores allowing multitasking. A built-in graphics chip will be a very hand option for those multimedia files.I hope this helps.