Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best NAS for Plex/Torrent/Chromebook?

Hello,

I hope you are safe and well at this time.

I have been reading your site with great interest.....but have probably confused myself even more!

I am very new to the whole NAS thing so could really do with your help in picking the right NAS. Although I am looking at budget NAS's it will still be a big investment for me so need to know I am making the right decision!

So here are my requirements/wants

We will use mainly Chromebooks / Android phones and Android TV/Chromecast for viewing for access but also have a Windows desktop
I would like something that can stream Plex to different TV's in at least 1080p
I would like to be able to use torrent sites with it.

Please can you help me with what NAS would suit, I have been looking at the WD My Cloud home as it looks like it works well with PLEX but I don't think it is compatible with my Chromebooks/Android? Another NAS I have looked at is the ASUSTOR AS3102T at it lists that its compatible with Chromecast but its quite expensive.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks
Paul.
Any NAS will be compatible with all Chromecasts and any other devices which feature Ethernet or WiFi, sometimes they just forget to mention it.WD My Cloud home would be a very limited device. But it would work. No subtitles no transcoding. Just streaming compatible video files to a destination device.DS118/DS218 would be a better alternative to this. The best option would be DS218+ or TS-251B but these are quite expensive models in comparison.I hope this helps.