Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

External GPU on a UGREEN NAS

I bought a DXP 4800 by mistake I meant to get a 4800 plus initially, my server cannot handle 4K content remotely and am wondering if there is a way to plug in an external GPU to have the ability to have hardware transcoding? Otherwise I was going to look into the 6800 PRO as an upgrade, any help would
Be appreciated.
Unfortunately, the UGREEN DXP 4800 does not support attaching an external GPU for hardware transcoding. The DXP 4800 is not designed with GPU support in mind, so it won’t be able to utilize an external GPU for transcoding tasks.

If you’re looking for hardware transcoding capabilities and better handling of 4K content, upgrading to the UGREEN DXP 6800 PRO would be a good move. The DXP 6800 PRO is designed to handle more advanced tasks and might offer better performance for your needs, including support for hardware transcoding.

In the meantime, if your current setup is struggling with 4K content, you might also consider optimizing your media server’s settings or exploring software-based solutions that can assist with transcoding.