Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Back up google drive to my gas

Hi I love your down to earth videos you explain things in am easy to understand way.
I built a small nas from various Fujitsu Esprimo parts and installed Openmediavault 7 as the OS. I use two 2TB WD blue ssd in raid 1, I built this as a 'Lets see if I can', my question is iOS their a app/program that would back up google drive to my Openmediavault nas? Or would I have to copy files/folders across by hand so to speak?
Many thanks
Richard Harding
I’m glad you’re enjoying the videos and finding them helpful! Your DIY NAS project sounds impressive, and it’s great to see you experimenting with OpenMediaVault.

To back up Google Drive to your NAS, you have a few options beyond manually copying files:

rclone: This is a powerful command-line program that supports syncing and backing up files between various cloud services and local storage, including Google Drive and OpenMediaVault. You’d need to install rclone on your NAS or on a computer that can access your NAS, configure it with your Google Drive credentials, and then set up a sync or backup job. It’s highly customizable and efficient.

Here’s a basic overview of how you might use rclone:

Install rclone on your machine.
Configure it by following the setup guide for Google Drive (you’ll need to authenticate and authorize access).
Use rclone sync or rclone copy commands to transfer files from Google Drive to your NAS.
Google Drive Sync Apps: Some applications and services are specifically designed to sync Google Drive with local storage. For example, Insync or rclone can be set up to automatically sync files between Google Drive and a local folder, which you can then mount on your NAS.

Automated Backup Solutions: Some backup tools and services offer integration with cloud storage solutions like Google Drive and can automate the backup process to your NAS. Look into options like Duplicati or Rclone Browser, which offer user-friendly interfaces for managing backups.