Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 to 10 bay rackmount ssd 10gb SFP28

Im looking for a 1U rackmount NAS which supports 8 to 10 enterprise SSD's. Ideally it would support a decent CPU/RAM to host VM's but this is optional.
Looking for high performance 10gb or 25gb connectivity using DAC to a Ubiquiti switch.
I was thinking about a HP or Dell server but not familiar with building a NAS environment on top of a server. Probably better off with an "official" NAS unit with software designed to operate on it.
It will be used to house VM's, snapshots and host backups. Budget is fairly open.
Im not up to speed on benefits of ZFS vs Raid. It's my impression that ZFS requires robust power due to possible lost of data in RAM vs HW Raid which has battery to flush cache.
Im also interested in finding out about the benefits of NVME cache or possibly 2-tier storage options.
Thank you for reaching out. Based on your requirements, I recommend the QNAP TS-h1090FU. It's a ZFS-based, high-density NVMe all-flash storage solution designed for virtualization, data centers, and multimedia applications.

The TS-h1090FU features ten U.2 NVMe Gen 4 x4 SSD bays, providing excellent performance and low latency. With dual 25GbE SFP28 ports and high-speed PCIe Gen 4 slots, it supports future-proof connectivity and flexible expansion options. The QuTS hero OS offers data deduplication and compression, optimizing SSD lifespan and performance.

Available models include options with AMD EPYC processors and up to 256GB DDR4 ECC memory, catering to various performance needs. This NAS is ideal for hosting VMs, managing intensive workloads, and ensuring fast data access.