Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First NAS

I am looing for my first ever NAS, to use as a mass storage that I can still access without having to fiddle around with external drives. I would prefer something that is off the shelv and has an easy interface. I have looked at the WD My cloud expert series ultra 2 and it looked quite good at first glance. Both in terms of value and software. I have only found old reviews though.
Is there something I should know about it beforehand, or do you know of something that has even better value?

Any and all suggestions are wellcome.
Choosing your first NAS is an exciting step towards convenient and centralized storage. While the WD My Cloud Expert Series Ultra 2 is a solid option, it's essential to explore other alternatives to ensure you find the best fit for your needs. Here are a couple of recommendations within your budget:

Synology DS224+: The DS224+ is a versatile two-bay NAS from Synology, known for its user-friendly interface and robust features. It offers excellent value for its performance and software capabilities, supporting up to 24TB of storage. With Synology's intuitive DSM software, you can easily access files from anywhere and enjoy features like file syncing, media streaming, and backup solutions.

QNAP TS-264: The TS-264 is a powerful two-bay NAS from QNAP, renowned for its reliability and versatility. It provides high-speed data transfer and 4K media playback, making it ideal for home users looking for accessible mass storage. With support for up to 24TB of storage and QNAP's user-friendly QTS operating system, it offers a comprehensive solution for your storage needs.

Both the DS224+ and TS-264 offer a range of apps and features to enhance your NAS experience, ensuring seamless access to your files and multimedia content. Before making a decision, consider factors such as your specific storage requirements, desired features, and compatibility with your existing devices.

I recommend comparing the specifications and user reviews of these NAS devices to determine which one aligns best with your needs. Additionally, it's always a good idea to check for the latest reviews and updates to ensure you're making an informed decision.

https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/