Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best NAS to store and access ripped UHD & BD discs

Looking to buy a NAS unit used almost exclusively to store and play ripped UHD/BD .iso files (currently 81 UHD/ 164 BD and growing . I have Verizon FIOS 1GB internet and the NAS will be located in an upstairs office with an Apple Mac Book Pro laptop and the NAS will be connected to a Fios E3200 WiFi extender (only way I can get a hardwired connection). As of now, I will play ripped movies through the Plex app on my Apple TV 4K connected to my LG OLED. But very soon, I plan to get a dedicated digital movie player like the R_volution PlayerOne 8K media player for my home theater. Any reccos are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Based on your requirements, the Synology DS1522+ could be an excellent choice for storing and accessing your extensive collection of ripped UHD and BD discs. With its robust hardware and versatile software features, the DS1522+ offers ample storage capacity to accommodate your growing library of movies. Since you'll be using Plex for playback, the DS1522+ is Plex-compatible and can seamlessly stream content to your Apple TV 4K. Additionally, its support for 1Gb internet ensures smooth remote access to your media files. Considering your future plans to upgrade to a dedicated digital movie player like the R_volution PlayerOne 8K, the DS1522+ remains a reliable option thanks to its scalability and support for high-resolution media. Overall, the DS1522+ offers the performance and flexibility needed to meet your media storage and playback needs.
Thank you so much for the reply. I really liked the DS1522+, but I ended up returning it and went with a QNAP TS-464, mainly for budgetary reasons. I saved about $160, which I intend to put towards large HHD disks. Thanks again, and I truly enjoy your videos.