Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home NAS

Dear Sirs - advice needed.

I have a 12 year old buffalo NAS, that has been our home photo / video storage for that time. Its been great, but software is old, and my wife is unable to upload her photos from her phone. I need to download them to my computer then copy them up. She then complains that she is unable to view them or gain access to them!!!

I really need a NAS which operates like a google drive / dropbox, which enables me and my wife to easilly store photos and videos in one location.

Ease of setup and maintenance and use is king.

Thanks in advance

N
For simple file storage and backup needs, the Synology DS423 would be an excellent choice. With its reliable Realtek RTD1619B CPU and 2 GB DDR4 non-ECC memory, it provides ample storage capacity and straightforward backup solutions for your home photos and videos. However, if you're looking for a few extra features such as enhanced backup options, transcoding capabilities, and virtualization support, then the DS423+ would be a better fit. With its quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 CPU, it offers superior performance for multitasking and additional functionalities like transcoding media files and running virtual machines. Both options ensure ease of setup and maintenance, catering to your specific storage and backup requirements.
https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/