Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Encryption

I have a Synology DS1522 and I have enabled encryption. I am attaching a WD 10 TB external USB for backup with that being encrypted as well. I am trying to run the backup but it appears I'm locked out, even though I'm signed in. Where do I go from here?

Error message:
No permission to access the shared folder usbshare1 on the destination. Please contact the destination administrator to grant access permissions to the task owner admin.

Help please! Thanks in advance!!!
Consult Synology Documentation: Refer to the Synology documentation for your specific backup application. They might have detailed instructions for managing permissions on external storage.
Check WD Drive Manual: Look for instructions on managing user permissions in the WD drive's manual or online resources.
Double-check Encryption: Ensure both the Synology and the WD drive are encrypted using compatible encryption methods. Mixing encryption types can cause access issues.
If You Need Further Help:
If these solutions don't work, consider searching online forums like the Synology community forums for solutions specific to your model and setup. You can also contact Synology support for further assistance.