Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best NAS for Astrophotographer/video and Consulting Small Business

I have watched all of your NAS videos and recommendations and cannot make up my mind on best option for my needs. Requirements for my consulting business with 2 main users. Along with using the solution for my astrophotography hobby where I create 100’s of large image and video files that get processed in special software, including image, video processing.

In one astro session I can create 1TB of data. Once processed only 25% of the data remains but access to the data for future reprocessing is needed so the storage ideally needs to be fast and not the bottleneck.

An all SSD NAS or combination HDD and SSD might work.
Thanks
Adam Hofmann
Considering your requirements for both your consulting business and astrophotography hobby, I recommend the Synology DS1522+ or DS923+.

The DS1522+ offers ample storage capacity and excellent performance, making it suitable for handling large image and video files efficiently. With its expandability options, including SSD cache support and PCIe expansion for additional networking or storage options, it provides flexibility for future upgrades.

On the other hand, the DS923+ offers a balance between affordability and performance. While it may have slightly lower storage capacity compared to the DS1522+, it still delivers robust performance and reliability for your needs. It's a cost-effective solution that doesn't compromise on essential features.

Both models come with Synology's DSM software, which offers a user-friendly interface and a wide range of applications to enhance productivity and data management. Additionally, they support RAID configurations for data protection and backup solutions to ensure the safety of your important files.

https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/