Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Terra master F2-212 upgrade to F4-424

I’m upgrading my Terramaster F2-212 2 bay Nas that has a 8TB and a 4TB HDD with Plex data on them to the F4-424 pro 4 bay Nas and I’m adding a empty 16TB and 12TB HDD along with the 2 HDDs from my F2-212 with the Plex data and media on them my problem is how do I , or do I need to back up my Plex data and media so I don’t lose it when I switch to the F4-424 pro
That sounds like an exciting upgrade! When transitioning from your TerraMaster F2-212 to the F4-424 Pro NAS, it's essential to ensure the safety of your Plex data and media files. Since you're moving to a new NAS and adding additional drives, it's wise to back up your Plex data and media to prevent any potential loss during the transition.

To safeguard your Plex data and media, here's what you can do:

Backup to an External Drive: Consider transferring your Plex data and media files to an external USB drive or another storage device temporarily. This ensures that even if anything goes wrong during the transition, you'll have a backup copy of your crucial files.
Cloud Backup: If you have access to cloud storage services, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon S3, you can upload your Plex data and media files to the cloud as an additional layer of protection.
Network Backup: Utilize network backup features provided by your current TerraMaster NAS to create a backup of your Plex data and media files on another NAS device or network location.
By taking these precautions, you'll minimize the risk of data loss and ensure a smooth transition to your new F4-424 Pro NAS. Once the transition is complete, you can then transfer the backed-up Plex data and media files to the new NAS and resume using Plex without any interruptions.