Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS good for (Plex) media server?

currently i have a plex media server set-up on my laptop and i use that to occasionally stream photos and videos from the laptop to my tv's. however, this means that the laptop has to stay on 24/7 and the machine is not handling that well.. what would be the best solution for a large storage device that i can stream videos to my tv's (plex works great so prefer to keep that unless you have a better solution).. Also, is it better take put in HDD or SSD for this use to keep noise down?
For your requirements, I'd recommend considering the Synology DS224+ or DS423+ NAS models. These devices offer robust performance and are well-suited for serving media files through Plex to your TVs.

With either of these models, you can store your media library and stream videos seamlessly to your TVs using Plex, eliminating the need to keep your laptop running constantly.

As for storage, traditional HDDs would be the most cost-effective option for storing large media collections. You can configure the DS224+ or DS423+ with HDDs to meet your storage needs while keeping noise levels low.