Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS1821+ with 64mb Ram - effect on Maximum Volume Size?

If I increase the memory on my DS1821+ to 64gb is it then possible to increase the Volume size beyond 100tb to say 200tb?

If so, can this be done with the existing current Volume? Should I happen to expand the storage pool appropriately in the future. Larger drives are becoming more commonplace and will be great if or when I start to run out of storage space.

I’m only thinking of future proofing long-term really, nothing immediate. Right now it might be possible to load up the DS1821+ with 8 24tb drives = a 192tb storage pool. Might be nice to have this in one large Volume?

Thanks
Expanding the memory of your DS1821+ to 64GB might not allow you to exceed the maximum volume size of 108TB. While more memory could potentially support larger volumes, the DS1821+ model itself is limited to a maximum volume size of 108TB due to hardware and software constraints. Even with larger memory, you may not be able to create volumes larger than this specified limit. Therefore, it's essential to consider the inherent limitations of the DS1821+ model when planning for future storage expansion.