Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home Personal use - NAS advise

Hi,
Looking for NAS selection advice for personal use.
Mainly store my all google photos for now, and for future as well.
Plus run WordPress development. and store my design work at home and download in my office.
I am confused between QNAP and Synology. I prefer good hardware and quite as well. And an easy to use mobile app.
Looking forward for your advice.
Thank you
Thanks for reaching out! For your personal NAS needs, considering your preference for reliable hardware and ease of use, I'd recommend either the Synology DS923+ or DS1522+, or the QNAP TS-464 or TS-664.

If you opt for Synology, the DS923+ offers robust performance with its AMD Ryzen R1600 CPU and ample RAM, making it suitable for storing your Google Photos, running WordPress development, and storing design work. The DS1522+ is another excellent choice, featuring an even more powerful AMD Ryzen R1600 processor and additional RAM, ensuring smooth multitasking and reliable performance.

On the QNAP side, the TS-464 and TS-664 provide similar functionality with their quad-core processors and ample RAM. These models offer flexibility and scalability, allowing you to expand storage capacity as needed and run various applications effortlessly.

Both Synology and QNAP offer user-friendly interfaces and mobile apps for convenient access to your data from anywhere. Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) and QNAP's QTS operating systems are intuitive and feature-rich, catering to different user preferences.