Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WD PR4100

Hi,
I only use my WD PR4100 for PLEX in my home. I want it to be accessible on my home network only. I haven't activated WD cloud access hoping it would make it secure, but I can access PLEX away from home on my phone etc and this now makes me think others could infiltrate my NAS?
What setting could I change to stop ALL outside access including me as I don't need it?
Thanks very much. Love you YouTube videos.
It's great to hear that you're enjoying using Plex on your WD PR4100! If you want to restrict access to your NAS exclusively to your home network and prevent any external connections, including remote access via Plex, you can take a few steps to enhance security.

Firstly, you can disable remote access features within the Plex settings on your PR4100. This will prevent any external connections to your Plex server, ensuring that it's only accessible within your home network.

Additionally, you can review the network settings on your PR4100 to ensure that it's not configured for any remote access protocols or services. This might include disabling UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) and ensuring that no port forwarding rules are configured on your router for the PR4100.

Furthermore, you can strengthen the security of your NAS by regularly updating its firmware and Plex server software to the latest versions. This helps to patch any known vulnerabilities and keeps your system secure against potential threats.