Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

low power storage and media solution

I am looking for a solution for the following needs:
- I have a lot of files and media storage I want to save but also have available throughout my home
- main media are photos, music, and videos (DVD type movies, no bluray)
- I have various consumption stations which include: TV, 2 laptops, 1 desktop
- I want it available on LAN only, no WAN or remote
- expandability is important since I want to keep the system for at least 5y
- MOST IMPORTANT - I want a very low power consumption on idle. electricity prices are outrageous where I live

I don't mind building and maintaining a system but most DIY systems have higher power consumption than brand options.

I was thinking a Flashstor 6 since I see it has low power - 0.85W idle to 26W normal usage.

Thanks for the help.
Considering your requirements for low power consumption and expandability, the Asustor Flashstor FS6706T could indeed be a suitable option for your needs. With its low idle power consumption of 0.85W and maximum power usage of 26W, it aligns well with your goal of minimizing electricity costs. Additionally, its 6-bay configuration provides ample storage capacity for your files and media, allowing for easy expansion in the future. Since you're aiming for at least 8TB of storage, you'll have plenty of room to grow with this NAS. It's important to note that while DIY systems can sometimes offer customization options, they may not always deliver the same level of power efficiency as pre-built solutions like the Flashstor FS6706T. Overall, this NAS seems to tick all the boxes for your requirements and could serve as a reliable and energy-efficient storage and media solution for your home LAN setup.

https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/