Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TrueNas Scale on Flashstor 6 does not give IP address when booting

Been watching NASCompares on YT several years and now finally taken the plunge with a Flashstor 6 upgraded to 16 gb ram. Followed the NasCompres YT tutorial and installed TN Scale 23.10.2. Fine until os boot, did not give an IP address error msg ‘The web interface could not be accessed’ ‘please check network configuration’. Rebooted multiple times trying different combinations of connection. Used supplied 2.5 gbe cables that came with FS06. I don’t have 2.5 GB ethernet on my Win10 laptop or Ubuntu NUC so using Cable Masters 2.5 GBE to USB 3 adapter to connect to either computer. Also tried FS06 to 2.5 gbe on my EE router to try via WIFI. Nothing worked and haven’t found any clues scouring the internet. Do I need to use a computer that has a 2.5 gbe port to get this to work or is there something else that I am missing?
Thank you for reaching out and for being a longtime follower of NASCompares on YouTube. It's great to hear that you've decided to set up a Flashstor 6 NAS and explore TrueNAS Scale.

Regarding the issue you're experiencing with obtaining an IP address during boot, it sounds like there may be a connectivity issue that we need to troubleshoot. Let's address your concerns step by step:

Network Configuration: Ensure that your network configuration is correctly set up. Double-check the Ethernet connections between your Flashstor 6 NAS and your router or directly to your computer using the Cable Masters 2.5 GbE to USB 3 adapter.
Ethernet Adapter Compatibility: While using a 2.5 GbE to USB 3 adapter should work in theory, there could be compatibility issues. Try connecting the Flashstor 6 NAS directly to a computer or router with a native 2.5 GbE port if possible, to rule out any adapter-related issues.
Router Configuration: Check your router settings to ensure that it's assigning IP addresses correctly through DHCP. Sometimes, routers may have restrictions or configurations that prevent new devices from obtaining IP addresses.
Firmware Update: Ensure that your Flashstor 6 NAS firmware is up to date. Sometimes, firmware updates include fixes for network-related issues.
Alternative Access Methods: If you're still unable to access the TrueNAS Scale web interface, consider connecting a monitor and keyboard directly to the Flashstor 6 NAS to see if there are any error messages or prompts during boot.
Community Support: Consider reaching out to the TrueNAS community forums or support channels for additional assistance. They may have encountered similar issues and could provide valuable insights or solutions.
Regarding your question about needing a computer with a native 2.5 GbE port, it shouldn't be necessary for basic network connectivity. However, using a computer with a compatible Ethernet port could simplify troubleshooting and ensure optimal performance.