Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A need to update present NAS to handle larger drives

I presently have a Netgear ReadyNAS 204 system with 4 Samsung 6 TB drives. It is set up using the NetGear pseudo raid software. I presently have more data to save to the NAS than it has space so I am looking to upgrade to a larger storage capacity. I saw your review of the UGREEN NASYnc DXP4800 Plus NAS and wondering if this would be something that would be worth trying or if you would recommend something else. There was nothing in the review that mentioned any RAID support. It seem like this sort of redundancy is important. The Netgear system seems to power the drives down after a period of time which works well for me since I use it mainly as a backup device and occasionally as a data transfer mechanism,
Thanks for any suggestions.
The UGREEN NASYnc DXP4800 Plus NAS does indeed support standard RAID options, similar to those found in QNAP NAS devices. While the review may not have explicitly mentioned RAID support, rest assured that this NAS model offers various RAID configurations to ensure data redundancy and protection. You can configure RAID levels such as RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, and RAID 10, depending on your specific needs for data redundancy and performance. Additionally, the UGREEN NAS supports features like hot-swappable drive bays, allowing you to replace or upgrade drives without downtime. As for power management, while specific details may vary, many NAS systems, including the UGREEN NAS, offer customizable power-saving options to optimize energy consumption while ensuring data accessibility when needed.