Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

decision

Hi all! I have been going back and forth on which NAS device I want to purchase and just can't seem to make up my mind. I'm tossed between the TerraMaster F2-212 and the Asustor Drivestor 2 AS1102T. I run Linux on my 2 machines and my partner uses a Mac mini. I'm also kind of wondering about the F2-210, because of its solid build. I'm only using it as a backup, no server apps will be used.
I see that the Terra Master distinctly mentioned that it supports Linux, but does that matter in my case?
What can you add to help me choose? I've been going back and forth for a week now and still can't decide. Thank you so much for any help you can give! Kyle
Thanks for reaching out again. It sounds like you're weighing your options carefully, which is always a good approach when it comes to tech investments.

You're absolutely right that both the TerraMaster F2-212 and the Asustor Drivestor 2 AS1102T are quite similar in terms of their basic functionalities and compatibility with Linux and other operating systems.

However, it's essential to consider the software aspect, as you mentioned. While TerraMaster devices are generally reliable in terms of hardware, some users have reported mixed experiences with their software interface. On the other hand, Asustor has a reputation for more polished and user-friendly software, which can make a significant difference in your day-to-day usage and management of the NAS.

Given your focus on simplicity and ease of use, the Asustor Drivestor 2 AS1102T might offer a smoother experience overall, especially if you or your partner prefer a more intuitive interface.

Ultimately, both NAS devices will indeed work with Linux and other operating systems, so you can't go wrong in terms of compatibility. It comes down to weighing the importance of software experience and any additional features or benefits that one device may offer over the other.