Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which 2 Bay NAS 2024

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

Since all the prices of services are going up, I would like to build me a NAS to use mainly with Plex (4K ) and probably my photos on the future in order to reduce costs with google and streaming services.

Now that terra master launched the F2-424 in Europe, I wonder if it is the best solution since the hardware seems better than Synology , asustor and QNAP ( taking in account the two bays and same target group for this NAS).

I wonder which would be the best choice for me in April 2024, since we need to take into account the quality of the build, the hardware, the software and prices, since I'm new in NAS world, im kinda lost and I would love your help.

thank you for the amazing site and YouTube channels =)

best regards
Thanks for reaching out, and I'm glad to hear you're considering setting up your own NAS. Given your requirements for Plex streaming and photo storage, it's essential to choose the right NAS that balances hardware capability, software features, and affordability.

Considering the TerraMaster F2-424, it does offer compelling hardware specs, especially for its price point. However, when it comes to NAS devices, it's not just about raw hardware power but also about software support, reliability, and ecosystem. Synology, Asustor, and QNAP are well-established brands known for their robust software ecosystems, user-friendly interfaces, and extensive app support.

In April 2024, it's wise to look at the latest offerings from all these brands and compare them based on factors like CPU performance, RAM, software features, build quality, and price. Synology, for instance, is renowned for its intuitive DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, which offers a wide range of multimedia and backup applications, including a robust Plex server application.

Considering your budget of 600 euros for the NAS plus storage, you might want to explore options like the Synology DS220+ or similar models from Asustor and QNAP that offer a balance of performance and affordability. Remember to factor in the cost of hard drives when planning your budget.

https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/