Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flashtor 6 vs TBS-464

Hello, i couldn’t find a direct comparison on your channel for Asustor Flashtor 6 vs QNAP TBS-464. My primary purpose is to have a good plex server with fast data transfer speeds for file backups. I have a TP-Link XE75 mesh router system at home which has a 2.5GBe port and the device will be linked to it with all file transfers on 5ghz wireless connection on a 500mb down and 300mb up connection

My confusion comes from your videos covering these products separately where you’ve mentioned that Flashtor 6 has only 1 PCIE lane available per slot vs QNAP has 2 per slot. With the setup I have:
1. Will it either of these have a speed advantage over the other in file transfer speeds
2. With both having similar CPU if not the same, does one have the edge over other as a Plex server
3. In your expert knowledge of the industry do you think there will be an upgraded versions of these products released this year (2024) or are they no way near their respective life cycles
Thank you for reaching out with your inquiry regarding the Asustor Flashtor 6 and the QNAP TBS-464. Let's address your questions:

File Transfer Speeds: Both the Asustor Flashtor 6 and the QNAP TBS-464 are capable NAS solutions, and their performance in file transfer speeds would largely depend on various factors such as network environment, drive configuration, and system load. While the Asustor Flashtor 6 offers one PCIe lane per slot and the QNAP TBS-464 provides two PCIe lanes per slot, the impact on file transfer speeds might not be significant in your setup since your primary connection is through a 2.5GBe port, which should handle the transfer speeds well for both NAS devices.
Plex Server Performance: Both NAS models feature similar CPUs, and therefore, their performance as Plex servers should be comparable. The Intel Celeron processors in these devices are capable of handling multimedia tasks efficiently. However, for optimal Plex server performance, factors such as transcoding capability, RAM, and storage configuration should also be considered.
Future Upgrades: As for potential upgrades or new releases in 2024, it's difficult to predict with certainty. However, the technology industry is constantly evolving, and manufacturers often introduce upgraded versions or new products to keep up with market demands and technological advancements. While there might not be official announcements at the moment, it's always a good idea to stay updated with the latest news and product releases from Asustor and QNAP.