Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Qnap TS-233 DS223j

Hi, i want to buy a two bay nas. It is bad, that in every test, review, you always give power consumption from brief, Qnap do not have any clear measurement methodology. I need NAS witch have power consumption as low as possible. I want to buy Qnap (10W) or DS223J (16W) but, Synology was tested witch 12TB drive (like they say), and Qnap? Who knows. I found yours site witch power table, but also data come from company, not real test. I want to buy TS-216G but instead of almost identical spec than TS-233 it takes twice power! Company should give me info about bare power consumpition and then, i can count power of drive (if it is logic). Could u help me?
When assessing power consumption for NAS devices, it's essential to recognize that the NAS unit itself typically consumes around 10-15 watts of power, while additional power usage comes from the hard drives, averaging between 5-8 watts per drive when in use. SSDs generally consume less power than traditional HDDs. To accurately gauge the impact on your energy bill, you may want to utilize a power consumption calculator to compare the yearly cost difference between devices. While QNAP may not always provide transparent measurement methodologies for power consumption, understanding these general power usage patterns can help you make an informed decision. So, when considering options like the QNAP TS-233 and the Synology DS223J, reaching out to QNAP directly for specific details on the bare power consumption of the TS-233 can provide clarity. This information, coupled with the power consumption of your chosen hard drives, will enable you to calculate the overall power usage more accurately. By considering both power efficiency and your budget, you can make a well-informed decision that aligns with your needs.