Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS to NAS not backing up

I have the following issue and was unable to find a solution. I have two Synology NAS (DS923+ and DS1821+) on the same LAN. I am trying to use Hyper Backup to backup data from the DS923+ to the DS1821+but I am unsuccessful on making it work. I am doing the following:

-On the 1821+ I opened Hyper Backup Vault
- On the DS923+ I open Hyper Backup
- Select "Data Backup"
- Select "Remote Synology NAS"

- Fill out the following information: DESTINATION SERVER IP / PORT # / USER / PASSWORD used the default PORT but I am unable to connect to DS1821+NAS. I have tried PORTS 6281, 5000 and 5001 but When I click login I get eror message:

No pop up to allow credentials to be added

Am I doing or selecting something wrong?

Your guidance and assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Yago,
Yago, it seems like you're encountering some connectivity hurdles between your DS923+ and DS1821+ Synology NAS devices while attempting to set up Hyper Backup. Let's troubleshoot this together. First off, ensure that both NAS systems are running the latest firmware updates. Next, let's double-check the network settings on both devices, making sure they're on the same LAN and that there are no firewall or network segmentation issues causing communication barriers. When configuring Hyper Backup, ensure that you're using the correct destination server IP, along with the appropriate port number. For Synology NAS devices, the default ports for Hyper Backup are typically 6281, 5000, or 5001. If you're still encountering issues, try disabling any security or firewall settings temporarily to see if that resolves the problem. If the issue persists, consider reaching out to technical support for further assistance.

https://kb.synology.com/en-my/DSM/tutori...per_Backup