Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need portable 30TB option

Hi! I am a video/audio producer that works with 4k video in DaVinci Resolve.

We currently have 12TB of data and I believe we will be using about 5TB/year, so I am hoping there is a budget-friendly, travel-capable (SSD) option that can hold at least 30TB of storage (after RAID).

I've found the Asustor 12x Flashstor and it seems like it has the storage capacity and portability, but I am unclear whether it will support the transfer speeds to completely support my 4k video editing.

Is anyone familiar with this solution or are there any other options that fulfill our requirements?

Thank you!
-James
Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you're on the right track with the Asustor Flashstor 12x. Its NVMe architecture makes it exceptionally robust and reliable, ideal for transporting and working with your high-resolution 4K video files. NVMe drives offer superior performance and durability compared to traditional HDDs, making them a much safer choice for your portable storage needs. With its ample storage capacity and portability features, the Flashstor should be a great fit for your video/audio production work, especially with DaVinci Resolve.