Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Syonolgy Seagate Exos X24 24TB

I'm running out of space on my DS1821+ so I'd like to upgrade to largest Enterprise drives currently available, probably not all at once
I saw your post pushing-boundaries-seagates-exos-x24-with-a-whopping-24tb-capacity but can't find any evidence they work with Synology

Synolgy's compatibility list max's out at 16TB for Seagate there own HAT at 18TB (These are like 4 times the price of Exos X24 24TB)

Will these drives work?

Is there any reason why these newer larger Hard drives won't work?
I'm aware each volume l has a 108TB limit but you can more than 1 volume within a storage pool
Thanx
While Synology's compatibility list may not explicitly mention the Seagate Exos X24 24TB drives, it's worth noting that compatibility lists often lag behind the release of new hardware. The absence of a specific drive on the list doesn't necessarily mean it won't work with your NAS.
(04-08-2024, 03:15 PM)ed Wrote: While Synology's compatibility list may not explicitly mention the Seagate Exos X24 24TB drives, it's worth noting that compatibility lists often lag behind the release of new hardware. The absence of a specific drive on the list doesn't necessarily mean it won't work with your NAS.

I realise Synology's list isn't updated that's a question for elsewhere it's least 4 years old which to me is not great

My concern is even buying 1 Exos X24 HDD is a considerable investment if they don't work, It's not like I can return it.

I'm also concerned if I use an incompatible HDD it will degrade the Volume to the point of not being able to put the old drive back in
I don't have the budget to back up ~80TB+ I know and except that risk  
Currently have one disk redundancy

I was hopping someone at nascompares had tried these drives in a Synology NAS as they posted the review