Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replace DS411

I currently use a DS411 NAS and have been very satisfied over the years. I would like to upgrade my current configuration for 4x4TB SATA drives by doubling its capacity. I use the NAS to store my photos (photography is a hobby), music, movies, personal information. I would also like to use PLEX on this new NAS for my movies at home. Reading your article is see that the DS423+ may have some future proof limitations and wondering if either I should wait a little longer hoping that Synology will upgrade their hardware in a new release or are there other NAS options out there. I should add that I also have a QNAP 2 BAY 231 that I only use for backup of the DS411. Thank you in advance for your help on this matter. Ron
Considering your needs for expanding storage capacity and incorporating PLEX for home movie streaming, the Synology DS423+ could be a suitable option for you, especially if you prefer sticking with Synology. However, if you're concerned about future-proofing and want more bays, the QNAP TS-664 could be a viable alternative. With additional bays for scalability and potential future hardware upgrades, it offers flexibility for accommodating your growing storage demands. Both options provide robust solutions for your multimedia storage and streaming requirements. If you decide to explore further, you can find more details on the DS423+ and TS-664 models on our website.