Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which NAS

I am looking to find something that has the capability of using Jellyfin (or a service where I can watch my own movies/shows) and also use it has my own cloud storage for photos. That’s really about it. I have a very small library of movies and shows but I do still want to be able to expand later. I thought about a 2 bay that I can then expand into later but not sure if that’s a good option or if it would be better to buy a 4 bay. Never bought a NAS and not sure what to do.
For your needs of hosting Jellyfin and serving as your personal cloud storage for photos, I recommend considering the Synology DS423+. This 4-bay NAS provides ample storage capacity and room for expansion, allowing you to start with your current storage needs and scale up as your library grows. With its quad-core Intel Celeron processor and 2 GB of RAM (expandable up to 6 GB), the DS423+ offers sufficient performance to handle media streaming with Jellyfin and serve as a reliable storage solution for your photos. Additionally, it comes with Synology's user-friendly DiskStation Manager (DSM) software, making it easy to set up and manage your NAS. Overall, the DS423+ strikes a good balance between performance, scalability, and affordability, making it a suitable choice for your requirements.