Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS choice

I decided to move all my photos and data from google to NAS, currently i'm using google drive with 200gb sub, so 4TB will be more than enough for now. First thought were to get BeeStation, but dropped it after watching your video, now thinking more of DIY solution. I want it to be able to run Immich, not sure About Plex, rather no for now, but i would love to play with Home Assistant and discover more things. I'm a software engineer, so learning is ok. Also power consumption is a topic. Thanks!
Given your requirements and interests, I would recommend the Synology DS423+ for your NAS setup. The DS423+ offers robust performance, ample storage capacity with its four drive bays, and expandability options for future growth. With its quad-core Intel Celeron processor and hardware encryption engine, it can handle tasks like running Home Assistant and Immich smoothly. Additionally, it provides the flexibility to experiment with different software applications while ensuring reliable data storage and efficient power consumption. Overall, the DS423+ strikes a balance between performance, features, and scalability, making it an excellent choice for your needs.