Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GPU question

Hi,

I have a QNAP TS-873A that I use for a variety of things.  Lately I was considering getting a GPU for transcoding.   First place I looked was your videos for suggestions and you identify several that are available.
MSI GTX1650 4GT LP OC                                       £240
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1650 LP 4GB        £240
ASUS PH-GTX1050TI-4G                                        £212
MSI Geforce GT1030 2G LP OC                                £60
GIGABYTE GV-N1030D5-2GL Low Profile                £60

There is a big price difference between them and I'm not going to make the assumption that the more expensive cards are better.   That appears to vary and there could be a limitation on the QNAP which means there is no difference for my use.

Basically I want to use it for transcoding and potentially any other GPU task that may come out in the future.  Is there any real difference between them for this?

Which one would you buy yourself to help future proof it?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave
Among the options you listed, the following GPUs support hardware transcoding:

ASUS PH-GTX1050TI-4G
MSI GTX1650 4GT LP OC
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1630 4GB 64BIT GDDR6
These GPUs are compatible with HD Station, Linux Station, Container Station, and Virtualization Station, making them suitable choices for transcoding tasks on your QNAP TS-873A.

https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/compatibility...ategory=25
(04-08-2024, 03:26 PM)ed Wrote: Among the options you listed, the following GPUs support hardware transcoding:

ASUS PH-GTX1050TI-4G
MSI GTX1650 4GT LP OC
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1630 4GB 64BIT GDDR6
These GPUs are compatible with HD Station, Linux Station, Container Station, and Virtualization Station, making them suitable choices for transcoding tasks on your QNAP TS-873A.

Thank you Ed.     I see it is all the more expensive ones but that is what I would expect.

Any advice on which one would be the best to buy regarding performance as they are all roughly the same price?