Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Advice

Hi there,

To start, thanks for all the detailed info you put out into the world!

I'm looking for an uncomplicated setup to host all my media, including 4k, that I can access from inside and outside the home and potentially to allow some friends to access if it doesn't change things greatly.

I'm aiming for 16tb, with a 16tb backup but room to grow, so probably a 4 bay with 2 being used for the 2 x 16tb for the minute.

It would be nice if it wasn't noisy and i'm undecided between Plex or Jellyfin.

I've watched an absolute ton of your videos but have to admit, I'm still not sure what would tick all of those boxes (the NAS builder on your site just brought up the Asustor AS5404T and I'd not even heard of that brand in my searches!)

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

Cheers
Ant
Considering your requirements for hosting media, including 4K content, and providing access both inside and outside your home, the DS423+ is an excellent choice. With its 4-bay design, it offers ample storage capacity and room for expansion, allowing you to start with your desired 16TB configuration and easily scale up as needed in the future. The DS423+ features a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 processor, providing sufficient power for media streaming and serving. Additionally, it supports Plex, making it suitable for your media server needs. Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) software offers a user-friendly interface and a wide range of applications, ensuring an uncomplicated setup and management experience. Overall, the DS423+ combines performance, reliability, and ease of use, making it an ideal choice for your media storage and streaming requirements in the United Kingdom.