Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which 4 bay nas?

The NAS is primarily going to be used for video recording in out of office hours (3 cams) and as i timemachine/backup server.

However, being able to run some containers or lightweight VM would also be lovely!

Currently I have a Synology DS209+II doing just fine (camera + backup) but it's not new.
Dual NIC with LACP is also a plus, 10G is not necessary, but nice.

I've been looking at the 923+, mainly because I know Synology.
I have 4 x 8TB drives + 2 x 1TB M.2 ready for installation.
For your requirements, considering the need for video recording, backup server functionality, and the possibility of running containers or lightweight VMs, both the Synology DS923+ and DS423+ would be suitable options to explore. The DS923+ offers enhanced performance and features, making it a robust choice for multitasking and virtualization tasks. However, if you're looking for a more budget-friendly option without compromising too much on performance, the DS423+ would be a solid alternative. Both NAS models support 4-bays, providing ample storage capacity for your needs. Additionally, since you already have 4 x 8TB drives and 2 x 1TB M.2 drives ready for installation, either of these NAS units would complement your existing hardware well. Considering your budget and requirements, the DS923+ or DS423+ would be reliable choices to consider for your prosumer or small business setup in Denmark.

https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/