Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology NAS DS920+

We have a Synology NAS DS920+ It has worked well for 3 years.
Then the number 1 (4gb) drive was declared faulty so we replaced it with a 12gb drive of the same brand.
Since doing that the NAS will not connect to the PC. It has gone from bad to worse. Now it declares that the 12gb drive is faulty. We need help and will pay for what ever help you can give.
Firstly should we give up on the 12gb drive and buy a new 4gb drive?
After that we would hope you could advise us on getting it to connect to the PC. The PC can see the NAS but the PC cannot see any files.
I hope you can help, Neville Howes
Thank you for reaching out. To troubleshoot the connectivity issue with your Synology NAS DS920+, I recommend checking if the NAS is detected in the Synology Assistant app. If it's not found, there may be underlying issues with the NAS itself, and I suggest contacting Synology support for further assistance.

However, if the NAS is detected in the Synology Assistant app, you may have access to the device. In that case, you should initiate a RAID rebuild to address the replacement drive and ensure data integrity. This process will help your NAS restore normal operation and recognize the new drive properly.