Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

tvs-h474 vs tvs-h674

I have a growing movie collection. I'm on a single external storage off of a old laptop with plex installed. Right now I would need it for movies, photo/personal videos, later maybe some vms for light gaming via steam. I am a old techie but now a manager of techies. I don't want to overkill but the synology ds-423+ seems like something I would outgrow with no expansion and the cpu. Which would you recommend between the two qnaps nas's and is my opinion about the ds-423+ being something I will grow out of in 2 to 3 years? Also is it possible to add expansion bays to the tvs-h474?
Given your requirements and budget, I recommend considering either the TVS-h474 or the TVS-h674. Both models offer robust performance and ample storage for your growing movie collection, personal videos, and potential VMs for light gaming. However, if you're looking for a longer-term solution and more room for future expansion, the TVS-h674 might be the better choice due to its higher specifications and enhanced capabilities. Additionally, it's worth noting that QNAP NAS systems are more flexible in terms of expansion options compared to Synology, allowing you to add more storage capacity down the line if needed. Ultimately, your decision should be based on your current needs and future scalability requirements.