Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS923+

Hi,
how can I synchronize applePhotos with my Synology NAS?

hardware:
- 2 x macBook PRO M2max
- 1 x macStudio M2max
- 1 x Synology DS923+

software:
- all software is up to date

problem:
Whenever I synchronize the computers with the SynologyDriveClient the librarys gets destroyed on each device.

What can I do to keep the libraries and images up to date on all computers? That was never a problem with the apple iCloud, but I will change to my private Cloud on the Synology for security reasons.

Synology Photos are great but there is no option to edit the images, that's why I still need applePhotos.

Thanks and regards,
Max.
Sync Google Photos with Each Computer: Install the Google Photos app on each of your computers (MacBook PRO M2max, macStudio M2max) and sign in with the same Google account. This will ensure that your Google Photos library is accessible from each device.

Use Google Drive App for Backup: On one of your computers, install the Google Drive app and sign in with the same Google account used for Google Photos. Instead of syncing, choose the backup option within the Google Drive app. Select the folders or files you want to back up, including your Google Photos library, and designate your Synology NAS as the backup destination.

Set Up Backup Schedule: Configure the backup settings in the Google Drive app to schedule regular backups of your Google Photos library to your Synology NAS. This will ensure that your photos are automatically backed up to your NAS without manual intervention.

Access Backed-Up Photos: Once the backup process is complete, you can access your backed-up Google Photos library directly from your Synology NAS. This provides a centralized location for storing and accessing your photos from any device connected to your NAS.