Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replace old NAS and PC with Plex Media Server NAS

Hi Guys,

Loving the work you do.

I have an antique (only way to describe it) Buffalo NAS TeraStation, with 2TB of Storage (RAID1). Ideally would like to replace it with a QNAP TS-453e-8G with approx 8TB Storage (RAID6), to run a Plex Media Server and Docker Images (about 5 of them). My questions are:

Do you think there will be an updated model this year?
Is the TerraMaster f4-424 pro a better choice for future proofing, keeping in mind I only have maximum 1080 content and will do for the foreseeable.

Cheers,

Jon
Thanks for reaching out, and I'm glad to assist you with your NAS upgrade decision.

Potential for Updated Models: While I can't predict future releases, QNAP typically updates its NAS lineup periodically. If you're not in a hurry, you might want to keep an eye out for any announcements or rumors regarding updated models. However, the TS-453e-8G is already a robust choice for your requirements.

Considerations for TerraMaster f4-424 pro: The TerraMaster f4-424 pro is indeed a capable NAS and could be a viable alternative to the QNAP TS-453e-8G. Here are some points to consider:

Future-Proofing: The TerraMaster model offers good hardware specifications and expandability options, which can be beneficial for future needs.
Performance: Both models should handle your 1080p media streaming and Docker containers well, given your current requirements.
Compatibility: Ensure that the TerraMaster NAS is compatible with Plex Media Server and Docker containers if those are essential for your setup.
Price and Value: Compare the prices and features of both models to determine which one offers better value for your budget of £1500.

https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/?sel...upgrades=1