Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Energy efficient surveillance software?

Good Evening,

I have recently built my little NAS, running on UnRAID, which set up easily,3 drives plus a parity drive, all the same size, cos it seemed easier. I have three CCTV cameras (ANNKE) which used to run on SecuritySpy, a MacOS specific bit of software. I have tried AgentDVR, but the CPU usage on that is horrendous. I have recently inquired with BenSoftware, who do SecuritySpy if there is a version that will run on UnRAID, and am currently awaiting their response.
Assuming the expected answer (No) it leads on to two questions. Firstly, is there a better option than AgentDVR to run as an alternative, (I've looked at Blue Iris, but I think that runs in a Windows VM?, which is not an option for me, haven't used microsoft for about 16yrs!). And secondly, is impossible to run a MacOS VM on UnRAID? I think I saw an article by yourself about it a while ago. But that would involve formatting a drive? and they're already formatted and working in a RAID Array?

Of course I could just keep running SecuritySpy on an iMac and just use the NAS as a receptacle for the recorded footage.

Thoughts and options, and please remember I'm still very much a novice at this! Although I have got JellyFin working pretty well  Cool

Best Regards

Paul

Messages In This Thread
Energy efficient surveillance software? - by Sumosys - 03-05-2024, 06:52 PM