Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS for RV

Looking to RIP the many DVD and some Blu Rays to a Media server that I can take in the RV when vacationing. I have a Cellular internet connection but would like to stay away from using it if possible. 1080p would be more the sufficient. I will be hard wire ethernet to both television to the network switch with the router all 1GBe. I need something that isn't too big to carry and transport in my RV. 120vac power will be available at all times.
It sounds like you're gearing up for some fantastic adventures with your RV and looking to create a portable media server for your entertainment needs. Let's explore two suitable NAS options within your $800 budget and considering your specific requirements:

Synology DiskStation DS224+:

The DS224+ offers a compact and lightweight design, making it ideal for portability in your RV.
With support for up to 28TB of storage (using 2x 14TB drives), you'll have ample space to store your DVD and Blu-ray rips.
Its integrated graphics card ensures smooth multimedia streaming, perfect for enjoying 1080p content on your TVs connected via Ethernet.
The DS224+ is energy-efficient and runs on standard 120V AC power, making it suitable for use in your RV.
It's equipped with a user-friendly interface, making setup and management straightforward, even for beginners.
Synology DiskStation DS423+:

The DS423+ offers higher performance and scalability, making it a robust option for your RV media server.
With support for up to 64TB of storage (using 4x 16TB drives), you'll have plenty of room for your media collection and future expansion.
It features advanced hardware specifications, including a more powerful processor and more RAM, ensuring smooth operation and multitasking capabilities.
Similar to the DS224+, the DS423+ supports multimedia streaming and 1080p playback, making it an excellent choice for your entertainment needs.
While slightly larger than the DS224+, it still offers a compact form factor suitable for transport in your RV.
Both the DS224+ and DS423+ are compatible with your existing network setup and power requirements in the RV, providing reliable and high-quality media streaming wherever your adventures take you.

https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/