Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New to NAs

I am totally NAS blind and have been soaking up your videos for help but have managed to focus on the DS423+ because of the integrated video card with 2x 8 - 12 TB HDD (Seagate exos) initially....Is this a fair interpretation of your videos? I would like to be future proofed to a degree but I'm not a business and only have home use in mind so don't want to buy a Rolls Royce when a mini will do. Thanks for all your help guys Smile Phil
Thank you for reaching out, and I'm glad to hear that you've been finding our videos helpful in your journey into the world of NAS!

Regarding your choice of the DS423+, it's indeed a solid option, especially for home use. The DS423+ offers good performance and features, including its integrated video card, which can be beneficial for multimedia tasks like streaming media or transcoding videos. Pairing it with 2x 8 - 12 TB HDDs (Seagate Exos) is a reasonable choice, providing you with a good amount of storage capacity to start with.

Your interpretation aligns well with our content. While the DS423+ is a bit more premium, it offers a good balance between performance and affordability, making it suitable for home users who want a reliable NAS solution without overinvesting in enterprise-grade features.

Considering your budget of £1000, including 2 HDDs initially, the DS423+ fits well within your price range. It allows for future expansion as well, accommodating your desire to be somewhat future-proofed without overspending.

For home media storage, photo management, and video streaming, the DS423+ should meet your needs effectively. It's versatile enough to handle various tasks while offering user-friendly software and reliable performance.