Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QNAP Failure

I have a QNAP TS451+ which has died (motherboard failure). I have moved the disks to a TS453A, but while it recognises the disks (RAID5) it tells me they are encrypted and need a password or key file to unlock. I do not recall setting this up and none of my standard passwords work. QNAP say the password was likely saved in flash memory on the dead box.

Do you know of recovering the data that was on this RAID array? Foolishly, this was the only backup...
Thank you for reaching out, and I'm deeply sorry to hear about the situation with your QNAP TS451+ and the encrypted RAID volume.

Unfortunately, if the RAID volume was indeed encrypted and you do not have access to the encryption key or password, recovering the data becomes significantly more challenging. Encrypted volumes are designed to protect data from unauthorized access, but this also means that without the necessary credentials, access to the data is effectively blocked.

Given the circumstances, it's essential to explore all available options for data recovery, including seeking assistance from QNAP support and professional data recovery services. However, it's important to be prepared for the possibility that the data may be irrecoverable without the encryption key or password.